Love the nursery books, Falling Up is one of my favs. I kept it even after kids are grown up.
Art director Robert Jahns has retouched a series of surrealistic photos of Venice by gathering photos of Italy by Luis Manuel Osorio Fernando with photos of frozen lakes in Russia by Daniel Kordan. Robert Jahns wanted to show how the Venice Canal would look like if it was frozen by the winter.
My first time viewing Italy in a frozen state.
THE YARD – Barefoot in the garden
Two to three times per year, a Cooper’s Hawk lands in my back yard, with pray in claws. Mounting on a tree branch near the bird bath, but this morning; on the garden with a spring robin pressed against the grass.
You can learn more about them and hear their sounds. It is an impressive image to watch them beak pluck the feathers and eat till nearly all evidence of…
The day is getting away from me as I watched “A Good Woman”, but now it is time to go outside and enjoy the 70’s. Time to create more concrete art.
If it doesn’t load properly, the picture clicks through to my dA page.
My table and detail pictures from the miniature show I was at last week. Please excuse any mess/missing pieces. This was all taken at around 8:30am the day after the preview night.
I have pictures of the other vendors, but I’m planning on using those for a blog post sometime within the next week.
Not too happy with my display this time around. I had a few issues that really messed it up for me. It’s getting a giant revamp for my next show in March. Maybe then I’ll finally be happy with it.
1. Baskets of apples, carrots, and cherries. Cheese trays. Baskets of croissants, pain au chocolat, and danishes. Ham and roast chicken platters. Cookie jars with cups of milk and eaten cookies. Chicken in a roasting pan. Plates of salmon. Basket with wine, bread, and cheese. Tray with pancakes, banana, and coffee. Salad bowls, plate of crepes, mussel pasta.
2. Misc. leftover holiday items (Easter, Christmas, Halloween). Cupcakes, tarts, cheesecake, pizza, and fish (filets and whole).
4. Tiered dessert stands with chocolates, hor d’oeuvres, pastries. Cakes. Jars of candies. Platters of chocolates.
5. Cookie prep board. Cheese and wine tray. Champagne and caviar tray. Shrimp cocktails. Fruit bowl. Two tea sets. A basket of vegies. Salmon board.
6. Coffee, margaritas, pina coladas, wine, mojitos, martinis, pitchers of lemonade and pina colada, milk, milkshakes, beer and pretzels, soda, more milk, more wine, more martinies, and tea.
7. Breakfast trays with coffee, fruit bowl, and pain au chocolat. Pies. Trays with coffee and crepes. Misc food plates: steak salad, English breakfast, pancakes, stew and salad, vegetable soup and salad, grilled cheese with potato chips, steak frites, PB&J with chips and carrot sticks, breaded chicken sandwich with fries, chicken soup and salad, french toast with berries, grilled cheese and tomato soup, shrimp Alfredo, bowls of fruit, toast egg and bacon, nachos, tacos. TV dinner. Taco salad. Pot roast with plates of pot roast dinner. Pizzas (cheese and pepperoni). Take out containers with ribs, cheeseburgers, and hot dogs.
8. Misc. koi ponds and containers.
9. Packaged breads.
10. Trays and baskets.
11. Cups, trays, baskets, decanters, glass candy dishes, etc.
Thank you for sharing your display. I hope you will share tips and what you learned.